- Lack of community awareness blamed for Government inaction: Royal Commission releases two research papers on community attitudes towards aged care
- 35 outbreaks in Melbourne aged care services: 31 cases at Menarock aged care home, 13 at Allity home, another death
- Estia announces 13 residents and staff diagnosed with COVID-19 at Melbourne aged care home despite closing homes to visitors early – as it calls a trading halt and writes down assets by up to $150 million
- Government and NSW Health agree on joint protocol to manage COVID-19 outbreaks in aged care –providers must raise alarm bell within one hour but no guidance on transferring residents to hospital.
- Face masks made mandatory for aged care and home care staff in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire – four million masks to be supplied by Federal Government
- Federal Government launches independent investigation into Newmarch House outbreak – due to report within a month
- The Daily COMMISSION returns next Wednesday – but The Daily RESOURCE to stay
- Another aged care worker tests positive for COVID-19 at Melbourne aged home – at least 12 homes now in lockdown