Tax, corporate & commercial
Retirement Living. Aged Care. Health. Like never before, these three worlds are converging as the 'continuum of care' becomes the new reality. If your business operates in any or all of these worlds, we have you covered.
MinterEllison is a leading Australian law firm with a dedicated national retirement living, aged care and health practice. With a national network of technical and sector specialist lawyers, we have worked as strategic adviser to clients across the nation on retirement living, aged care and health for more than 30 years.
Navigating worlds as complex and fast-changing as retirement living, aged care and health requires advisers who not only have exceptional legal expertise, but who understand emerging market trends, the drivers of regulatory change and the day-to-day issues facing those who operate in those worlds. That’s why our clients value our advice. Put simply, we understand the worlds in which they operate and the challenges they are likely to face – and we have the specialist knowledge to advise them on how to best achieve their goals.
Your partners in success
We have built our leading national reputation around a philosophy of being our clients’ ‘best partner’. Working collaboratively with you, our legal advisory experts will apply their deep understanding of retirement living, aged care and health to deliver practical solutions and insightful advice.
Whether you are looking for advice on the day to day issues of managing a retirement village, aged care facility or hospital or need to understand how complex government policy and legislative requirements apply to you, we have you covered. We speak your language and work with you to deliver the results you want.
- Regulatory and compliance advice
- Retirement village scheme structuring and set-up
- Retirement village scheme documents
- Residential care agreements
- Aged care accreditation
- Unit conveyancing and transfers of allocated places
- Acquisition and disposal - retirement villages, aged care facilities, hospitals
- Development and construction
- Planning and environment
- Corporate structuring, capital raising and joint ventures
- Taxation, stamp duty and GST
- Employment and occupational health and safety
- Financing and investments
- Resident and patient claims, dispute resolution and litigation