Do you receive The Daily COMMISSION newsletter at 6am each morning?
If ‘no’, then you are missing the discussion about what is needed in administration of aged care homes.
Here are seven ‘big ideas’ – which do you agree with?
- Rationalise 800 RAC operators to 80
- Rationalise 900 home care operators to 90
- Operators demand a minimum 7% return on assets (irrespective of location or size) or will not play the government game
- Only one operator to specialise in areas of research area e.g. dementia, nutrition, homelessness etc to receive government funding and they must share their resulting Intellectual Property (IP)
- One universal software system to save on staff training/data collection
- The government to mandate a list of requirements to be an aged care board director to ensure they are aware of the inherent risks and responsibilities
- $250 million for a five-year media blitz to educate the community on paying more towards their own care costs