When it comes to any online strategy, it’s important to regularly ‘check in’ to make sure you’re still on the right track. Especially as Google is said to perform 500 to 600 algorithm changes each year!
Check out our list below to see if your strategy will perform in 2018.
- Content is Queen (okay so not everything has changed) but when was the last time you updated your old stuff? Updating old content with new information can increase your search results by 74%.
- Gone are the days of writing content and incorporating your keywords. Instead write copy specifically for these keywords i.e. deferred management fee, retirement village costs.
- All content posts should be between 1,000 – 1,500 words.
- Don’t stop once you secured position 1 on Google. 50% of people are more likely to click on you if your name shows up more than once in the search results.
- Does your website URL start with HTTP or HTTPS (indicating a secure site)? Google penalizes websites without HTTPS. Also, 84% of people will abandon a purchase if they perceive your site as unsafe.
- Ads on your website should take up no more than 15% of a page. Any more than this and you may be penalized by Google.
- Is there any one of these points you would like to more about? Let us know by sending an email here and we will feature an article on it in our next edition.