ASX-listed Ingenia Communities has joined Aveo in using the finance company’s Village Guru online software that makes it easier for retirement communities to answer potential residents’ burning questions such as:
- How much does it cost to move in?
- What are the ongoing costs?
- How will moving into the community affect my age pension?
- Will I qualify for rent assistance?
- Will it impact on my home care package costs?
- How much will I get back after I leave?
- And how long will I have to wait for my money?
The software was more or less devised by Ms Lane over five years ago. With the help of Aged Care Gurus partner Jemma Briscoe, it was reintroduced and after 15 months of work with Aveo and Ingenia it is in the market.
“Our hope is the retirement sector will see that transparency and choice can actually help them make sales and want to use it,” said Aged Care Gurus Principal Rachel Lane (pictured above).
“Village Guru allows potential clients to see what moving to the village means for their financial situation, it can also be used to compare different homes or payment options in the village. Many people get confused by the finances, they want the village lifestyle but they don’t know if they can afford it, this software takes the financial worries out of it.”