More than 100 aged care homes have been told to lift their game after a national audit of COVID-19 readiness between March and May
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (AGQSC) made findings of noncompliance with regulatory standards at 104 facilities during the first wave of COVID-19.
It issued two sanctions, four “notices to agree” and 23 noncompliance notices.
These were revealed in an answer in parliament but 75 facilities subject to directions to revise their plans for continuous improvement have not been named.
Among the 29 named (see list below), 14 are in NSW and two in South Australia with some now meeting all requirements, according to News Corp publications, including The Daily Telegraph.
Those which were not compliant during the audit of 107 facilities include Newmarch House in western Sydney, which was at the centre of an outbreak that claimed 17 lives, according to News Corp.
Bupa Aged Care Dural, St Vincent’s Care Services Heathcote, Marco Polo Aged Care Facility in Wollongong, The Whiddon Group’s Glenfield – Easton Park home and Uniting Hawkesbury Richmond were also warned about non-compliance.
Minda Nursing Home and Villa Saint Hilarion at Fulham in Adelaide also did not meet quality standards during the audit.
Meanwhile, from July 1 the watchdog now publishes all non-compliance by providers with their responsibilities for residential services and home services and regulatory actions taken by the Commission in response to the non-compliance.
The non-compliant facilities appear on the site for four weeks.
Residential Services with regulatory action between 1 March-31 May 20202
- Amaroo Village McMahon Caring Centre: Notice of decision to impose sanctions
- Bill Newton VC Gardens: Non-compliance notice
- BaptistCare Griffith: Non-compliance notice
- Blue Care Shalom Elders Village: Non-compliance notice
- Bolton Clarke Rowes Bay: Non-compliance notice
- Bupa Dural: Non-compliance notice
- Carinya of Bicton: Non-compliance notice
- Carinya of Bristol: Non-compliance notice
- Governor Phillip Manor Non-compliance notice
- HammondCare – Leighton Lodge: Non-compliance notice
- HammondCare – Miranda: Notice to agree
- HammondCare – Princess Juliana Lodge: Non-compliance notice
- HammondCare – Waldegrave House: Non-compliance notice
- Japara Wyong: Notice of decision to impose sanctions
- Juniper Ella Williams: Non-compliance notice
- Jymbilung House Aged and Disabled Care Services (Ccp): Non-compliance notice
- Marco Polo Aged Care Facility: Non-compliance notice
- Mildred Symons House: Non-compliance notice
- Minda Nursing Home: Notice to agree
- Newmarch House: Notice to agree
- Pyramid Residential Care Centre: Non-compliance notice
- St Vincent’s Care Services Heathcote: Notice to agree
- The Whiddon Group – Glenfield – Easton Park: Non-compliance notice
- Uniting Hawkesbury Richmond: Non-compliance notice
- Uniting Amala Gordon ACT: Non-compliance notice
- Villa St Hilarion-Fulham: Non-compliance notice
Home Services with new non-compliance, 1 March-31 May 2020, and regulatory action
- Action on Disability within Ethnic Communities Inc: Non-compliance notice
- Kal’ang Community Care: Non-compliance notice
Source: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission