The Department of Health has provided updated advice for aged care providers with residents returning from hospital after being infected with COVID-19.
The factsheet has been underpinned by the following principles:
- Decision making that puts the preferences of residents and their families at the centre of the process
- Ensuring residents return to a safe environment through sharing information and communication
- A staged and planned approach in line with the capacity of the receiving facility and the associated logistical support (such as transport system)
- Reducing any risk of transmission for the returning residents and any residents on site
- Ensuring ongoing capacity in the hospital system to meet demand for clinical admissions.
Providers can download the full fact sheet here.