With a workforce of over 7,000, Regis has told the 2018 UBS Australasia Conference that the development of its staff is now critical with several programs established, including:
- Flourish – a proprietary development program for Registered Nurses that focuses on outcomes including team leadership and clinical supervision and has already had over 700 participants.
- Quest – the Group’s Leadership Development program which has produced 124 graduates.
- Lift – a project designed to reinforce the role of RN’s at the centre of the care model.
Estia is also focusing on its leadership development programs with a number of initiatives including:
- Clinical development programs for Care Directors/RN’s.
- A graduate nurse program to reinforce the retention of qualified nurses.
They are working too. Estia reports its staff retention has improved with turnover dropping from 30% a year to 20% – an impressive result.