Not For Profit Southern Cross Care QLD has come out on top in the capital grants awarded in Department of Health’s 2020 Aged Care Approvals Round with $14 million to renovate its Illoura Village in Chinchilla in Queensland’s Western Downs.
Southern Cross Care QLD will use their $14 million capital grant to rebuild the 66-bed facility into a contemporary home supporting up to 81 residents, including a dedicated dementia care home.
Minister for Senior Australians and Aged Care Services, Senator Richard Colbeck announced a total of $150 million in capital grants has been allocated in the 2020 ACAR, including:
The top 10 Capital Grant Allocations
- Southern Cross Care Qld, Illoura Village, Chinchilla, Qld, $14 million
- Wheatfields Nursing Home, Freeling, Barossa Valley, SA, $11.2 million
- Wongaburra Garden Settlement Hostel, Beaudesert, Qld, $10 million
- Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & Vic), Pearl Supported Care, Fannie Bay, NT, $9.2 million
- Mercy Health and Aged Care, Bethany, The Range, Qld, $9 million
- IBIS, Wynyard Care Central, Wynyard, Tas, $5.8 million
- Havilah Hostel, Maryborough, Vic, $4.9 million
- Southern Cross Care (Broken Hill), Oasis Aged Care, Irymple, Vic, $4.6 million
- Princes Court House Hostel, Mildura, Vic, $4.5 million
- Adermina, Mt Kooyong Convalescent Home, Julatten, Qld, $4.3 million
Whiddon Group CEO Chris Mamarelis said he was delighted with infrastructure grants to renovate four facilities: Whiddon Wingham $2,961,542; Whiddon Narrabri $1,457,508; Whiddon Bourke $205, 073 and Whiddon Walgett $986,840.
“This is really important for us and the capital works will be great for the local tradespeople,” he said.
2020 ACAR also includes the allocation of over 4,000 residential care places and more than 1,000 short-term restorative care places worth a combined $380 million a year which we reported on last week.
The top 10 Residential Place Allocations
- Great Oaks, TLC Mordialloc, Mordialloc, Vic, 150
- Oxha Health, Oxa Aged Care, Epping Vic, 150
- Thompson Health Care, St Ives House, St Ives, NSW, 124
- CPSM, Camp Hill Aged Care, Camp Hill, Qld, 121
- Regis Aged Care, Regis Toowong, Toowong, Qld,120
- Thompson Health Care, Oran Park Nursing Home, Oran Park, NSW, 110
- Lendlease Aged Care, Closebourne Aged Care, Morpeth, NSW, 108
- RACS, Lake Cathie Manor Aged Care, Lake Cathie, NSW, 106
- Chinese Australian Services Society, CASS Residential Aged Care, Asquith, NSW, 97
- Queensland Rehabilitation Services, Cleveland, Qld, 89