This week the DCM Institute team launched a new look “Village Network”. We are staging QLD, NSW, VIC (pictured above) and WA forums, plus we welcome the ACT as a new addition as well.
150 village professionals are sharing the many innovations, the huge amount of goodwill and learnings that have occurred during COVID.
These Village Network meetings serve as an opportunity for Village professionals to come together to share knowledge, experiences, stories, insights and the latest news in the retirement living profession.
- COVID challenges
- Initiatives and solutions implemented
- Opening up community centres
- Annual meetings
- Business planning for the next 12 months
Whether you are a sales person, assistant, in marketing or development I am confident you will enjoy the conversation. The Village Networks are open to any Village professional regardless of whether you are in the DCMI Village Management Professional Development program or not.
We bring together village professionals within your own state and it is our intention to hold these meetings on a quarterly basis or as often as the group would like.
During the pandemic, they will be held online via Zoom so that you are able to attend without leaving your village.
There have been stories of strong community spirit, like:
- ‘Iso’ bingo
- Collation of a diary with input from all residents to be a record of their COVID experience
- Puzzle books / regional newsletter / strong support share ideas between VMS
- Dress their streets/ driveway bingo / scavenger hunts
- Donated toilet rolls – prizes for games
- History of a resident’s life
- Craft basics
- New groups formed as skills/experience of residents shared and interests discovered
- Driveway drinks
- Innovative fundraisers
- Virtual book club
- iOS trivia
- Walking groups
- Balcony serenade – musicians engaged to play in the courtyard
- Driveway events – dress up, Anzac Day, Mothers’ Day
- Odds & Evens happy hours
- Operators assisting residents
- Shopping services
- Visiting grocers
- Toilet paper provisions
- Visiting doctors/chemists
- Implementing technology to support communication
- Uniting NSW 7,000 calls to residents checking in
- In-house TV stations
- Parcel delivery/post office drops
Join our next Village Network meeting here
Keep your eyes open on our Village Networks page for the next round of Village Network meetings to be held later this year.
If you would like to register for the future meetings please fill out the form on our new webpage and we will be sure to include you in the next round of meetings.
If you were fortunate enough to attend one of this month’s Village Network meetings, thank you for your participation!