There were three new infections in South Australia reported on Friday – including another employee at the provider’s home – bringing the state’s total number of active cases to 37.
AnglicareSA says the employee was a close contact of the original cases and the facility, but has not been on site since finishing night shift at 7am, Friday 13 November.
The provider says all 40 residents were retested yesterday, all returning negative results.
Residents will continue to be retested every 72 hours.
AnglicareSA now four confirmed COVID-19 among its staff.
Nine employees have been placed in hotel quarantine and a further eight that have been deemed close contacts of the infections are now isolating at home.
There are now 25 cases linked to the cluster in Adelaide’s north with a further 44 suspected.
Early easing of restrictions after close contact lied to contact tracers
But the big story was the early easing of restrictions, after it was revealed that a close contact of a COVID-19 case had allegedly misled contact tracers about their whereabouts, leading contact tracers to assume the cluster was much larger.
The individual had reportedly told contact tracers he had purchased a pizza from Woodville pizza bar, where had actually worked several shifts at the restaurant.
Because of the presumed limited exposure time, the authorities had been concerned that the cluster was much bigger and more infectious, leading to the strict lockdown.
“That clearly changes the circumstances and had this person been truthful to the contact tracing teams, we would not have gone into a six-day lockdown,” South Australian Premier Steven Marshall told press in his daily briefing.
South Australia will now ease a number of restrictions from midnight Saturday.
21 days with no new cases in Victoria
This comes as Victoria chalked up its 21st day with no new cases or deaths.
The state’s number of active cases dropped to two, after sitting at three for weeks.
18,474 tests were carried out in the 24 hours prior.