There was one new case of coronavirus recorded in South Australia on Monday, bringing the state’s total number of active cases to 38.
The number of cases linked to the cluster in Adelaide’s north is now at 27.
The results came from over 8,000 tests in the 24 hours prior.
In a press briefing, South Australian Premier Steven Marshall (pictured above) said the state had so far “avoided a second wave”, but added Australia is not “out of the woods yet”.
“We stared down a catastrophic situation here in South Australia by acting swiftly and decisively on the expert health advice that we’ve received,” he said.
There is currently one South Australian in hospital with coronavirus – a man in his 30s.
No new cases or deaths for 24 days
Meanwhile, Victoria notched up another milestone, reaching its 24th day without any new cases or deaths.
This comes from 7,261 tests received in the 24 hours prior.
This meant there was just one active case left in the state.