The new Aged and Community Care Providers Association (ACCPA) has announced its Board ahead of commencing full operations in July.
The 15-member Board appointed Dr Graeme Blackman AO FTSE FAICD (above) as Chair, with Cherylee Treloar, CEO at Footprints Community, Queensland, as his Deputy.
Graeme, who joined Leading Age Services Australia (LASA) as Independent Chair in 2014, said he was honoured to be appointed as ACCPA’s inaugural Chair.
“The formation of ACCPA is the first step towards a more unified industry, with a single and strong voice able to represent all aged care providers.
“The ACCPA Board will play a pivotal role in ensuring the new organisation provides the governance and leadership that the community clearly expects, and our industry needs, for a sustainable aged care future,” he said.
According to Cherylee (pictured), the Board is already on the hunt for ACCPA’s first CEO.
“Our new Board is already working hard to find the right leader, one who is able to drive ACCPA through this new era with strong purpose, and a collaborative approach to working with consumers, communities and government.
“I look forward to representing our sector through this change, and the creation of our new high-performing, trusted industry association,” she said.
The remaining Board members are:
- Daniel Aitchison, Chief Executive at Clayton Church Homes, South Australia
- Dr Saranne Cooke, Independent Director
- Jackie Howard, CEO at Masonic Care, Tasmania
- Michelle Jenkins, CEO of Community Vision Australia, Western Australia
- Nick Loudon, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Envigor, Queensland
- Lee Martin, CEO and Director of Care at Tanunda Lutheran Home, South Australia
- Linda Mellors, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Regis Aged Care, multistate Director
- Robert Orie, Chief Executive Officer of Montefiore, New South Wales
- Sue Peden AM, Independent Director
- Kerri Rivett, Chief Executive of Royal Freemasons Victoria
- Mark Sewell, CEO at Warrigal, New South Wales
- Stephen Muggleton, Group CEO at Bolton Clarke
- Shane Yensch, Executive Director at Alinea Inc., Western Australia
ACCPA will be the new industry peak body for aged care from 1 July, following the merger of Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA) and LASA.