Another village fire: Victorian resident makes lucky escape

Published on

The unit belonging to Joan Kelso, 86, from the Rodney Park Retirement Village in Mooroopna near Shepparton, was destroyed by the blaze last week.

Three neighbouring units also had to be evacuated by the fire, which is believed to have been caused by a kitchen stove top which was left on overnight.

Shepparton Villages, which owns the village, has arranged for Ms Kelso to move into an alternative unit before Christmas.

Another reason for providers to remind residents to be vigilant around their homes.

Image credit: Shepparton News.

Share.