Another scare in Victoria.
The provider has been forced to close its Clayton aged care home, 18km southeast of the Melbourne CBD, after a former staff member who completed their last shift at the home a week ago on Thursday, 4 June, was diagnosed following routine testing.
Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) says the former staffer did not work while infectious, but all staff and residents are now being tested as a precaution.
Bupa says it has activated its COVID-19 outbreak management plan, which will see activities at the home limited until 21 June, 10 days away with precautions including:
- Twice daily clinical observations for all residents;
- Physical isolation of separate communities within the home;
- Staff use of PPE at all times;
- Deep cleaning of all hard surfaces and increased cleaning shifts day and night; and
- Temperature screening of all staff on arrival at the home.