Springfield Land Corporation has appointed Aveo the exclusive development partner of retirement village and other health facilities in its Health City campus just to the east of Ipswich.
The plan is for Aveo to build 2,500 village units over 15 years at a value of $1.7billion. It will be called Aveo Springfield and will be located adjacent to the soon to be completed Mater Hospital.
Health City is a 52 hectare integrated health precinct which aims to deliver quality healthcare, medical education and research.
Springfield is a massive urban development, created by MUR Group, an India linked business that states it has completed over $10B in development here in Australia.
Located 40 kilometres from Brisbane CBD, Springfield has already attracted 30,000 residents; by 2030 it plans to be the size of Darwin with 105,000 residents. Some facts:
– Total land area 2,860 hectares (7,067 acres)
– Project Investment to date $11.7 billion
– Estimated cost on completion $85 billion
– CBD land area (Springfield Central) 390 hectares (963 acres) or twice the land area of Brisbane CBD
– Approval for over 1.4 million square metres of mixed use space in the CBD
– Access to 86% of Brisbanes metropolitan workforce in about a 30 minute drive
– Closer to Brisbane CBD than North Lakes, Redcliffe, Victoria Point and Kholo
– State Government delivered two train stations in 2013
– Mater Private Hospital Springfield to open late 2015
– $550 Million Dusit Thani Resort Brookwater Stage 1 to commence construction 2015