Beijing launches first property program to develop home-based aged care

Published on

The People’s Daily is reporting that the Yuecheng Group’s program will see around 40% of the public area in Gonghe Town in Chaoyang District used to build facilities for medical care, nursing, catering and other support services.

5% of each house in the area will be owned by the developer, while the other 95% will be sold to families with members aged over 60.

Currently, homes in the project are being sold for 40,000 yuan (AUD$7,839) per sqm – the same price as other nearby housing projects.

But Yuecheng Vice-President Gao Junsong says that if investors provide the promised aged care services, the facilities will become solid assets.

Share.

About Author

The Weekly SOURCE is the leading media for retirement living and aged care businesses, delivering sector-specific news through four mastheads. Operating as part of The DCM Group, The Weekly SOURCE also provides a directory of proven sector specialists and an insights exchange.